Talk

Advanced search

Which teat size?

(3 Posts)
LoombandsRus Mon 29-Dec-14 11:47:40

DD is six months old and has been BF with the odd bottle of EBM which she has been taking with avent 1M+ teat. We are now moving to FF so I need to buy more bottles and teats. She does fine with 1M+ teat and can down a bottle pretty quickly, but I guess I should be buying 6M+ But I wonder if this will be too fast?

I would be grateful for any pearls of wisdom before I part with my hard earned cash!

fionnthedog Mon 29-Dec-14 13:48:02

I don't think you need to switch if the 1m are working for your dd!! We switched to 6m teats because ds got bored before finishing a bottle and I figured it was because it took too long. I have a v fast let down and lots of milk so he's always had to feed quickly! But like I said if your dd is happy with the slower teats don't waste your money IMO!!

crazykat Mon 29-Dec-14 14:11:22

You don't always need to change the size of she's getting on okay.

The general rule is that you need the next size teat if they are collapsing/squeezing in as the baby feeds and is sucking harder to get the milk faster.

If you do get a different size then go for 3 months first instead of jumping up to the 6 month size. There's also the vari flow ones which adjust to how hard the baby sucks so you don't need to change the size at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now