Talk

Advanced search

Baby is on infatrini peptisorb. please help, stressed out!

(5 Posts)
EJF14 Sun 28-Dec-14 12:37:29

Hi everyone.
Looked through a few of these threads and hoping for some support. My baby will be 12 weeks old on news years day. Since birth she has t put on a lot of weight and it's been very gradual. She was 9lbs 15 born a very big baby but not only weighs 11lbs 2. She did lose quite a bit when she was born. We have been in hospital with her when she was 6 weeks as she developed a rare liver condition where her bile was too thick and blocked up in the bile ducts. Fortunately meds have cleared it without having an op. We have been home for about 3 weeks now and her feeding hasn't been great. She takes on average 60ml per bottle bad refuses to finish it. I try to feed her 3-4 hours. She will quite happily sleep through the night now but iv been waking her for a feed, I don't know whether that's the best thing to do? She doesn't always take the feed as she wants to sleep. I'm just constantly worrying that she's not having enough in the day. The new formula which she is on is a higher calorie feed maybe it's too filling? My HV isn't much help. I say to her that it's a higher calorie milk and maybe she doesnt need it. She just told me to make sure I get the right amount down her. She taking on a good day 500ml when she should be taking 700ml. Should I be this worried? Shes a happy baby and sleeps really well. I'm not going to get her weighed until this week. Shes on Dr brown bottles teat size 2. She's had reflux but on renitidine for that 3x a day which does help. Does get cic sometimes but not as bad as it was. Please help anyone??

EJF14 Sun 28-Dec-14 12:37:55

Colic I meant

tiktok Sun 28-Dec-14 18:10:03

Sounds stressful sad

She must be under a dietitian or paediatrician or clinic, I would think. Can you call them and ask your questions? Let them know you are concerned about the volume she is taking. Hope you find good support soon.

LatinForTelly Sun 28-Dec-14 23:16:14

I agree with tiktok. Definitely contact your DD's paediatrician or clinic. (I was so nervous in the beginning about contacting the hospital - like they were Not To Be Disturbed; but they are there to help your daughter, who has (had) a medical condition. Now I'm not so timid wink)

A dietitian should be able to give you guidelines on the amount of that specific formula your daughter should be taking, how often to feed through the night etc, with knowledge of her medical history, and taking into account any ongoing issues.

I'm sorry you've had so much to deal with, and hope things settle down for your DD and you soon.

MissRatty Wed 31-Dec-14 23:14:59

If on Infatrini Peptisorb, I assume that there is suspected cow's milk protein intolerance? It could be that the formula is not broken down enough perhaps, and a more hydrolysed high calorie formula is required? I agree though that you should be under a paed and dietician and contact them for further assistance. Do you offer more frequently as well? My LO needed small feeds often due to the reflux. Hope you get the help you need x x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now