Talk

Advanced search

16month old bf

(7 Posts)
WorthMoreThanThat Mon 22-Dec-14 13:08:21

Hi just after suggestions to stop bf my 16 month old son please. He's wanting a boob more than ever now, pulling my top down/up unzipping tops all day every day. Hes never slept through and could easily wake 4 times a night just for a boob. I think ive had enough ow! Tips on how stop, he screams blue nursery when I don't give in! I've also been away for a weekend which didn't help at all! Is it just gonna be a case of will power 😩

PurpleStripedSock Mon 22-Dec-14 15:32:30

I went through this at around the same time and lost my love of boobing the baby. I didn't manage to stop it but I can reassure you that it does taper off!! My little one is 20 months now and she pretty much only bfs to go to sleep and when she wakes up. She's finally starting to sleep through the night which is nice :-)

Other's who have managed it will no doubt be along with tips soon but the 'don't offer, don't refuse' thing is hard when you are hating it.

WorthMoreThanThat Fri 02-Jan-15 18:32:18

It's impossible he's never going to stop!! He's worse by the day and so attached to it!

WorthMoreThanThat Fri 02-Jan-15 18:34:16

That sounded abit stressy.....I think he's so cute when feeding and love how much he loves it....just not all day and night!! I need abit of me back!! grin

callamia Sun 04-Jan-15 13:33:48

Have you tried night-weaning? I'm just starting to so this with my 14m old, and I'm hopeful that it will make everything else more bearable. My DS is keen on getting his head down my top or grabbing at me until I relent, and it down times feels just really intrusive and unwelcome. I want to keep feeding him until at least 18m, so I'm trying to establish some order on all the chaos.

WorthMoreThanThat Sun 04-Jan-15 22:17:50

Yeah he just screams none stop until I give in....usually resulting in waking my eldest. It's very intrusive now, all the time. I'm all out of ideas on how to stop/cut him down

callamia Sun 04-Jan-15 22:39:34

I'm sure you've tried various things, my friend night-weaned by spending a week on the sofa and leaving it to her husband (they co-slept). It worked. I've not ruled it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now