Talk

Advanced search

Feeling a bit sad but also know it's the right time ...

(4 Posts)
TheQuibbler Fri 19-Dec-14 20:30:46

(extended breastfeeding)

So, my just turned 3yr old still breastfeeds - not very often and obviously for comfort, but it's clear now that he is about to stop altogether and I feel very strange about it.

I'm pleased that he's growing up and moving on and that there's no battles about it stopping - it's all his choice - and I'm proud of myself for feeding him so long.

However, he's also my last and I feel a little bittersweet and teary about it even while I am totally ready to give it up - it has been long enough!

I am being silly I know, but it's a normal reaction, right?

Waveney Fri 19-Dec-14 20:39:56

Oh I completely empathize. I'm about to stop feeding my youngest. He's only fifteen months so it's not really extended bfing, but he's likely to be our last baby and I feel v sad when I think I will never feed a baby this way again. So it's competeky natural I think. Well done you for feeding for so long.

TheQuibbler Fri 19-Dec-14 20:48:43

It is natural - that's a lovely way to put it.

I didn't expect to be still here but it kinda crept up on me.

And well done to you as well, 15 months is a fab achievement.

Waveney Fri 19-Dec-14 21:03:37

I'd happily keep going but he's not fussed any more. And he bites at the end of feeds when he gets bored. I am embarrassed to say I sometimes cry a bit when I think I will never bf again. It is the only thing that only I can do for him. And what excuse will I have for eating extra biscuits? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now