Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How long before alchool is absorbed?

(11 Posts)
Addictedtohotbaths Fri 19-Dec-14 16:39:58

My dd is 6.5 months, had my first trip away to work lunch today, I've had 4x wine / champers how long until I can feed her?? Do I need to pump and dump?

Frusso Fri 19-Dec-14 16:43:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tiktok Fri 19-Dec-14 16:43:12

No point in pumping and dumping....your body gets rid of the alcohol very quickly (about 1 to 1.5 hrs per unit). In any case, the amount of alcohol that reaches the milk is very small. A baby of 6.5 mths should be able to cope with what must be only minute traces now.

Read this and decide for yourself:

www.breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk/wp-content/dibm/Alcohol_and_Breastfeeding_Oct_2012.pdf

Addictedtohotbaths Fri 19-Dec-14 16:47:53

Thank you I'm feeling panicky that I've been a bit irresponsible and she doesn't take anything else (formula) so it's my milk or nothing if it wasn't safe for her.

tiktok Fri 19-Dec-14 17:20:37

No need to panic - you had a nice time, it's Xmas, you saw your work chums, you drank some delicious wine and champagne, and your milk will be just as lovely for dd as before smile She will be fine and you were not reckless or irresponsible in the least smile

weebairn Fri 19-Dec-14 19:39:22

Nah, you're fine.

Addictedtohotbaths Fri 19-Dec-14 19:47:38

Ah thank you all. I feel reassured.

Frusso Fri 19-Dec-14 20:22:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

squizita Fri 19-Dec-14 20:49:23

Yep as Frusso says ... I had 2 glasses of red with a roast dinner when feeding my dd last month. Got the most awful splitting headache like an instant hangover. Turned out salty food + wine + feeding = dehydrated! I now have a large soft drink if I have wine with food or beer which is my usual booze drink, classy I am not.

squizita Fri 19-Dec-14 20:50:21

Soft drink + beer NOT beer + wine I mean. fwink

PuppyMummy Sat 20-Dec-14 18:54:50

id just feed as normal on 4 drinks.

I would hav up to about 5 (would then feel tipsy). I haven't noticed that much hav any affect on baby. I also generally split the drinks up with water too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now