Talk

Advanced search

Help with fluids/formula - reflux baby

(2 Posts)
Kittiewhite89 Thu 18-Dec-14 09:14:36

Hi

My daughter is 5 1/2 months and currently on cow and gate comfort milk with added instant carobel to thicken it up for her reflux (also on reflux meds).

I've made her milk less thick a few times by not adding the right amount of carobel by accident and she gets so upset with the thinner milk and won't drink it.

I was wondering if she will be the same when she starts on cows milk and water, and I don't know if you can use a thickener in cows milk. I'd rather not go down that route though as she will need to eventually drink fluids at a normal consistency.

Just wondering if anyone has had the same experiences or something similar, or if anyone knows what I can try? The only thing I can think of is to stop adding the carobel and move down a teat size but for some reason I'm really nervous about trying this as she's such fussy drinker and don't want her to go off her bottles.

Thanks!

stargirl1701 Thu 18-Dec-14 09:16:01

DD1 had silent reflux. She moved onto cow's milk at 12 months with no issues. We also started reducing meds at that point and she was fine. Most children grow out of it by 1.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now