Talk

Advanced search

What is your daily routine?

(9 Posts)
Kelly008 Sun 14-Dec-14 20:42:35

Just curious as to what other mums days are like...my little girl was 8 weeks on Friday and is formula feed. She has a feed at 19:30 ish then sleeps to any time between 03:00 - 05:00 and has a feed then goes back to sleep intol08:00 and has another bottle and a play for about half an hour. She normally goes back to sleep for and hour then I play and dress her from about 09:00 she then has a feed at 10:00/11:00 and has a nap then she has a feed at 13:00, 15:30 17:30

Kelly008 Sun 14-Dec-14 20:44:27

Forgot to mention that she takes 4-5oz per feed but sometimes she only takes 3oz. Any times on getting her to go longer between feeds/bigger feeds

lisaloulou84 Sun 14-Dec-14 20:53:24

Sounds pretty similar to my DS at that age though he was more every 3 hrs than every 2 but then he did tend to drink 5-6oz at that age. One wake up for a feed in the night at 8 weeks is pretty good.

weebairn Mon 15-Dec-14 07:33:32

We are just beginning to see a routine here at 11 weeks, she is exclusively breastfed. I try to put her to sleep at the same time as my toddler at 7pm and she goes down pretty well. She then wakes 2-4 times in the night for a feed but doesn't really wake up properly which is great.

Gets up between 6 and 7.

In the day we have usually about an hour of awake time, followed by naps of 45mins-4 hours (very variable!)

I try and get a last nap of the day around 5 or 6 so she is ready to go to bed 7pm.

I was more "baby led" with my first baby but with a toddler as well I need to get them both down at 7pm for my sanity!

Kelly008 Mon 15-Dec-14 07:58:13

I could not imagine having
A toddler as well to look after that must keep you on your toes smile I just let her fall into her own routine as I have no other stuff going on and don't need to have things done at set times so am pretty lucky I guess that she has settled intoning kind of a routine by the time she was 5 weeks

weebairn Mon 15-Dec-14 10:55:51

Yes my first baby quite liked a routine too. I think babies thrive on routines, but you have to kind of see what they're falling into naturally, rather than impose one that is nothing like they're doing - that way can be very frustrating for you!

Only one wake up a night is brilliant you lucky thing!

weebairn Mon 15-Dec-14 10:58:20

There's not too much pattern to our feeding yet, but it is spacing out (every 2-4 hours)

squizita Mon 15-Dec-14 15:09:57

Breastfeeding a 12 week. No firm routine but feeds 8 pm, then 12am or so, 4am, 6am, 8am ... then every 2 or 3 hours.The only fixed ones are 8 am and pm! One helps her sleep the other wakes her up!

ithoughtofitfirst Mon 15-Dec-14 15:51:29

Dh has her from 9 til midnight with about 3-4oz of ebm. I feed her at midnight and take over for the night. She wakes about 4/5am for a big feed and goes back to sleep til 7, has a little feed then sleeps again til 10. Unless i need to dress her in which case she wake up and might not nap again for a while.

The day is just a case of anything goes. She has tiny little naps and i just feed her as and when she gets a bit vocal.

She's only 7 weeks though so still early days i guess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now