Talk

Advanced search

My nearly 10 month old just refused her bedtime bf

(6 Posts)
bambinibop Fri 12-Dec-14 19:03:07

Is this normal to drop this feed at this age? I know there's no normal really but I'm a bit sad as it's usually our bit of closeness before bed.fsad

Littlef00t Fri 12-Dec-14 20:06:37

I would have expected it to be dropped a bit later. Perhaps have another look at when dinner is being given, can you nudge this earlier?

LuckyCharms Fri 12-Dec-14 20:15:18

Is your baby teething?

Does he/she have a cold?

My DS often refused to feed when his gums were sore or he had a stuffy nose.

bambinibop Fri 12-Dec-14 20:22:04

Well she went to sleep then woke up again so I fed her and she has just fallen back to sleep...no idea why she refused earlier although yes I do think she's teething.

I do worry that she sometimes hardly has any milk before bed as she eats a lot for dinner. I do dinner at 5.30 which I think is quite early? She goes to bed at 7.

She has a feed in the night, 1 in the morning and one mid afternoon and usually 1 before bed but she sometimes doesn't feed for long at all.

Hope I'm feeding her enough...confused

Dannygirl Fri 12-Dec-14 20:33:28

At 9 months mine was having 3 BFs a day but the middle of the afternoon one was very short so health visitor said to replace with a snack. So he is only on 2 feeds now at 10 months and fine. It may be you could consider 2 hours between dinner and bed, she might be a big hungrier so inclined to take more x

bambinibop Fri 12-Dec-14 20:56:59

Maybe I need to think about moving bedtime to 7.30 instead of 7...that would be 2 hours after dinner. I just don't want to risk a meltdown if she gets over tired ! But last few nights she hadn't settled until later anyway, I'll try it tomorrow I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now