Talk

Advanced search

4 month sleep regression - survival tips

(8 Posts)
stargirl1701 Thu 11-Dec-14 18:19:02

We hit 16 weeks on Sunday and everything has changed. DD2 is up constantly looking for milk. She has virtually no naps all day. She has a cold too and is vomiting every feed into the bargain!

Help me survive. What are the top tips for surviving this?

Em1503 Thu 11-Dec-14 21:44:40

My DD has just gone through this and I think we're just about over it, lasted about 2-3 weeks!! I'm not sure I have any tips, I found it really hard, DH ended up back in the spare room and I ended up co-sleeping, it was the only way I could get any sleep. I also cancelled a few baby classes etc as I was just too tired! It was like having a newborn again! It does end though, just get through it how you can. I don't have anyone to help me with DD but if you've got someone who can take baby to give you a bit if a break then definitely take it.

stargirl1701 Thu 11-Dec-14 22:16:27

We have co-slept from the very beginning and I can feed lying done but I really dislike it. Needs must! I feel exhausted! My toddler, thankfully, is having a 'holiday' with Gran this week so it's just been DD2 to cope with. It would help if she would nap during the day and I could catch up on some sleep. DH has taken her for an hour each evening this week and I've had a bubble bath and a small glass of wine.

2-3 weeks was what I read. Gulp! We never went through this with DD1 because she never slept and spent her day screaming at this point. All new this time around.

Redling Fri 12-Dec-14 03:58:28

My DS was 16 weeks on Tuesday, now I'm waiting for the axe to fall...

calmexterior Fri 12-Dec-14 04:10:47

Going through it here and yes, cosleeping and feeding lying down... That plus a long shower in the morning to wake me up.

Kind of good to hear I'm not alone but hope things improve soon - hang in there!

Redling Mon 15-Dec-14 10:15:56

And it's happened... Up every hour since 2.30, only wanted one feed, the rest he was just awake and yapping on at me until I picked him up! Managed a 90 minute cosleep. Thank God it's christmas and I will be with my parents who are just gagging to take him away in the morning to play with while I sleep... 17 weeks tomorrow!

ampersandand Tue 16-Dec-14 14:41:06

My Ds is 17 weeks, his sleep has got worse since 16 weeks and woke up every hour-hour and a half last night.
Doesn't settle in the day unless feeding or in the sling.
He used to sleep through until 5/6 and at least have some smiles in the day. Everything I do seems to wind him up!

TreadSoftlyOnMyDreams Wed 17-Dec-14 10:35:11

Co sleep from wee hours, get to bed early yourself, don't discount teething too, some start this early. Raise cot mattress at one end, Vicks/ olbas oil and humidifier in the room to help with headcold. Settle down for a bit with a box set.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now