Talk

Advanced search

Best soppy cup

(12 Posts)
squizita Thu 11-Dec-14 16:59:11

My dd is 3 months old and takes a bottle for expressed milk (she's bf). This is about once every 2 or 3 days, DH gives it so I can have a bath or nap! We use lansinoh slow flow bottles.
Not urgently but at some point I'd like to start teaching her to use a spout or doidy cup from 4 months as I hear these are better for the teeth etc in the long run.
Are there any particularly good cups or methods for this?

squizita Thu 11-Dec-14 16:59:45

Soppy cup grin I meant soppy cup!

squizita Thu 11-Dec-14 17:00:05

S I p p y

JuniperTisane Thu 11-Dec-14 17:03:42

Doidy cups can be used whenever you like (with you holding it of course). Best sippy cup is the Tommee Tippee free flow one this Simple is best at this age. Be warned the lid is an absolute bastard to get off though.

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Thu 11-Dec-14 17:04:57

Doidy was marketing bollocks for us.

A no spill sippy to start with maybe then bog standard tomee tipee smile

DustOffYourHighestHopes Thu 11-Dec-14 17:08:01

Trimmer tippee never worked for us as my wrists were destroyed and I could never get the lids off. We loved the doidy cup (but needs supervision obvs) and the surprise favourite is the green and white ikea one. You can't close it or use a lid to protect the spout, but it's much easier to drink from than the tommee tippee and same price.

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Thu 11-Dec-14 17:11:07

See, mine got annoyed at help holding the doidy and tipped it straight over long after they could drink from other open cups.

Messygirl Thu 11-Dec-14 17:13:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

squizita Thu 11-Dec-14 18:03:49

Cheers! Reckon I'll start by trying the tommy tippee cause it's much cheaper ... will try the others if it doesn't work. smile

Trinpy Thu 11-Dec-14 18:06:39

If you shop around you can usually get it for around £1.00 from places like Tesco and Asda.

squizita Thu 11-Dec-14 20:42:19

Super, will be visiting both before Xmas so will look!

mrsmugoo Fri 12-Dec-14 18:58:01

We use tt free flow for water but Avent soft spout for milk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now