Talk

Advanced search

Switching to cow's milk

(4 Posts)
NickyEds Thu 11-Dec-14 14:56:03

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but...DS is a week off being one and I want to switch to cows milk. Do you still need to sterilise the bottles? At the moment he still has a feed in the night (I know, I know) and up until now we've been using a carton. It would be nice to save on the expense of these and my sister said to just take a bottle of cows milk up to bed and use it whenever needed in the night. He usually has the feed at 2/3ish, I would probably drink milk that's been out for 4/5 hours but is it ok for a baby?

EmbarrassedPossessed Thu 11-Dec-14 16:02:23

I don't think you have to sterilise things at this age (I have no actual idea though as I wasn't using bottles), I didn't sterilise cups, plates or whatever.

I wouldn't use cows milk that has been sat out for 4 or 5 hours myself. Is it a huge hassle to go downstairs and get it? Could you put it upstairs in a cool bag with ice packs?

NickyEds Thu 11-Dec-14 19:20:19

Not a huge hassle but a couple of flights of stairs-it's more that some other mums have mentioned doing it so I thought I might be missing a trick.

fatterface Thu 11-Dec-14 19:24:28

I don't sterilise for formula after a few months anyway. You can't let them have a bottle of anything in bed though because it's awful for their teeth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now