Talk

Advanced search

Another cold related question!

(5 Posts)
squizita Wed 10-Dec-14 09:50:13

In the absence of sudafed type medicine what do you take with a head cold.
I always get completely streaming. As in running down my face, new tissue every 2-3 min streaming.

I'm frightened of infecting dd again and again - there just isn't a way of keeping her 100% away from it. This is especially as it ramps up a notch when I feed like my sinuses react to my let down!! ugh. fconfused

FoodieMum3 Wed 10-Dec-14 11:13:19

You poor thing squizita.

I had it a few weeks ago and just went to bed with ds for 2 days (he thought all his christmas' had come at once lol). I took paracetamol but eventually (when that was doing nothing) went for Lempsip and noticed immediate improvement. The advice on whether or not it was safe was conflicting but I think the main worry was affecting milk supply, which wasn't an issue for me.
Imo you've to weigh up safety of mediation VS making yourself better, which is just as important for mum and baby.

Hope you feel better soon x

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Wed 10-Dec-14 11:36:47

There is nothing pharmaceutical sadly. Decongestant can seriously impact on supply, and weirdly the more established bfing is, the bigger the issue.

Olbas oil. Steam. Painkillers.

I feel for you. I was last 'allowed' decongestant in the winter of 2008....

squizita Wed 10-Dec-14 11:52:55

I currently have cotton wool with Vicks on up my nose! Elegant! fgrin

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Wed 10-Dec-14 14:12:27

The glamour of parenthood!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now