Talk

Advanced search

ABs for mastitis - should they be for longer than a week?

(4 Posts)
bronya Sun 07-Dec-14 07:09:13

Everything I read says 10-14 days of antibiotics, yet I only have a week's supply. Will that be ok, or should I query it with the GP next week? Am still too ill to leave the house on day 3 ( though much, much better than I was!).

DaniAlvez Sun 07-Dec-14 07:20:41

I think it depends on the strength of the ABs. I ended up in a&e and they gave me an injection of Abs to get me started and then a weeks supply of tablets that were double the strength of the ones the GP prescribed. If you're still feeling awful I would go back to the GP to check it's not an abcess.

I feel for you....it's horrible! Hope you feel better soon.

Superworm Sun 07-Dec-14 09:53:39

I would see how you feel on day 5 and request for more if you think you need it and I the mean time work on clearing the blockage if you have one.

You have my sympathises mastitis is bloody awful. Hope you feel better soon thanks

bronya Sun 07-Dec-14 15:12:36

Thanks, one whole side of my breast is hard so have no idea if there's a blockage. Doing hot showers, feeding with chin to that side, and gentle massage in vague hope of fixing something!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now