Talk

Advanced search

baby fussing on one boob

(3 Posts)
flipflopsonfifthavenue Thu 04-Dec-14 19:22:10

Ds2 is 4 weeks and in the evenings, seems to get very angry and upset when he feeds from one side. He doesn't stop feeding, but he goes red in the face and cries - while still gulping - and grimaces and pulls his knees up to his chest and generally seems upset and frustrated and will eventually come off with a big cry.

He also keeps unlatching and arching backwards.

I thought he might be trying to encourage another let down, but I can see and hear the milk gushing into his mouth - so much that he's coughing and spluttering most of the time.

So maybe its the opposite - he's struggling with a strong let down? Doesn't seem to worry him at other times of the day though so why in the evening?

In the eve he is generally unsettled, rooting, but then not latching on, or latching on for a bit then coming off and crying.

DS1 was never like this - just bfed to sleep all the time and never fussed on the boob or in the eve.

Feel like I don't know DS2 well enough yet to know what's going on sad

I've thought maybe he's getting over tired and come evening, its just all a bit too much for him?

Bexleymum Fri 05-Dec-14 15:21:31

I don't have an answer but could have written your post about my 7 week old dd2. Some friends have suggested gripe water and possibly a dummy. As it maybe trapped wind. Looking to try them tonight. We have the added complication of a snotty nose caused by the nursery cold lol.

PuppyMummy Fri 05-Dec-14 20:07:20

sounds like he could be struggling with fast let down and/or wind.

you could try infacol. I couldn't have done without it!

you can also try feeding with baby sitting up to reduce wind, although I couldn't get to grips with it as a position.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now