Talk

Advanced search

Nipple Cream

(8 Posts)
mamalou Fri 16-Apr-04 17:56:33

I am expecting No. 2 in 5 weeks and am doing all I can to minimise the agony of b/f before I start. Someone told me about a cream you could buy that actually numbs the nipples but couldnt remember the name. Has anyone heard of this? I used Kamilosan last time.

hercules Fri 16-Apr-04 18:11:20

Good advice on latching and attachment and there should therfore be no pain. I would have thought that using a cream that numbs would be a really bad idea because you shouldnt feel pain if it is right and the cream will hide any problems.
Apart from my letdown I never felt anything with dd and so I knew all was well.
Have the number of a bfc close to hand and you can talk to them before baby is born.

mamalou Fri 16-Apr-04 19:35:39

I had loads of help last time but it was still agony. Hopefully this time will be different but I thought I would get some of this stuff just in case. You are right though, it may not be a good idea if it means it facilitates bad attachment.

Babyannabel Fri 16-Apr-04 19:44:43

Kamillosan (sp?) was great, doesn't numb but was a lifesaver for me. Good luck.

Codswallop Fri 16-Apr-04 19:50:23

oooh you need lansinoh

save d my life

Codswallop Fri 16-Apr-04 19:51:27

look in mothercare

mamalou Sat 17-Apr-04 08:48:38

Im going to mothercare today so I will look for some of the cream you mentioned - thanks Codswallop.

eddm Sat 17-Apr-04 08:55:56

If you do get cracked nipples despite all this, squeeze an extra bit of milk out at the end of the feed and rub it around them. Sounds a bit yucky but midwife told me to do this and worked better even than Kamillosan.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: