Talk

Advanced search

7.5m BF DS won't take formula at nursery

(4 Posts)
TondelayoSchwarzkopf Tue 02-Dec-14 22:48:40

DS has just started full days at nursery. He is still BF on demand and has rarely accepted being bottle fed. He has taken bottles on the 3 occasions I have left him with DH but this was pre-weaning and only after hours of refusal/distress.

The nursery have said that so far he has refused bottles but has happily eaten meals and snacks and drunk water from a cup so has not been hungry, thirsty or distressed. As long as he is getting enough liquid and is getting BF outside of nursery is this an issue?

I'm going to suggest they try formula in a cup and make sure he gets plenty of dairy in food and liquids but if he's fine I shouldn't get too hung up on the bottles should I?

Expressing is not an option grin.

wishmynamewasdave Tue 02-Dec-14 22:53:43

How old?
My 11.5 month old dd went to nursery with no milk for the same reason. My just turned one year old will take cows milk - but he barely takes 4oz during the day so it's just a top up comfort thing (he falls asleep drinking it sometimes).
I know of someone whose 6 month old had to go all day without for that reason - they were fine and soon made up for it!

TondelayoSchwarzkopf Wed 03-Dec-14 22:53:45

Thanks - he's nearly 8 months. So far he seems to be enjoying the food!

Littlef00t Thu 04-Dec-14 15:58:35

Dd had dropped to 3 bf a day by 8 mo, so assuming he's getting a feed morning and night, and possibly early evening, it's not necessarily all that much milk he's missing out on.

Agree to keep trying with formula in a sippy cup or bottle, and loads of yoghurt and cheese etc (caution on salt content of cheese) and he'll be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now