Talk

Advanced search

Questions re sterilising/feeding

(5 Posts)
insanelycheerful Tue 02-Dec-14 19:15:51

I am going out on Thursday night (first night out since having DD!!) and want to express so I have a bottle to feed her in the night, so that I don't have to worry about how much I've drunk (DD is 11weeks and EBF). Not planning to get plastered but want to have a few glasses of wine! grin

Sooooo.....my question is around what I express into/feed from. I will need to express in 2 or 3 sittings, depending on how much time I have and when. May do a bit this evening, some tomorrow morning and some Thursday morning.

I will obviously sterilise a bottle to express into this eve and will pop it in the fridge. Can I then take it out and express more into it tomorrow and Thursday and then simply feed from that bottle (with a freshly sterilised teat etc) on Thursday night? Or do I need to express into a fresh bottle/pot each time and feed from a fresh bottle too?

You'd think I might have a clue seeing as DD is my third.....blush

JollyCrumbs Tue 02-Dec-14 19:19:13

You need to express into something different the second time and refrigerate. You can mix the two when they are both the same temperature.

insanelycheerful Wed 03-Dec-14 13:24:59

Ah ok, so it's about the temperature? Once my second batch has cooled in the fridge I can combine them?

Should I sterilise a fresh bottle to serve the feed itself from?

Thank you smile

JollyCrumbs Wed 03-Dec-14 16:09:57

The NCT says yes to sterlising, but I'm not sure if you'd need to bother sterilising a fresh one. Up to you really:
www.nct.org.uk/parenting/how-express-and-store-your-breastmilk

insanelycheerful Thu 04-Dec-14 10:30:52

Thanks jolly, that link is helpful smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now