Talk

Advanced search

Does Aptamil Comfort actually work?

(8 Posts)
Fedupofplaystation Tue 02-Dec-14 13:13:20

My three week old DD has been suffering with reflux and constipation since we switched to formula at 2 weeks.

She is currently on Aptamil. I thought switching to Aptamil Comfort may help.

Has anyone used it? Did it work?

ithoughtofitfirst Tue 02-Dec-14 17:59:49

My friend had success with it for reflux. I'm not sure about constipation though... i think she got something on prescription for that.

tethersend Tue 02-Dec-14 18:03:22

It was a godsend for DD's constipation

lem31 Tue 02-Dec-14 19:51:59

Reflux formulas were the only thing that helped my ds. He couldn't keep breastmilk down, gaviscon didn't help, ranitidine and omeprozole no help, but the thickened feeds provided him with some relief. Worth trying for a week or so I'd say. Good luck. X

mrswishywashy Tue 02-Dec-14 23:18:01

I'm a maternity nurse and seen an amazing difference with some bbs when changing to comfort. Test needs to be bigger size and poos go a bright green but bbs are far more settled.

Psycobabble Tue 02-Dec-14 23:26:59

Well cow and gate comfort worked for my dd literally went from screamin with colic and throwing up entire feeds to no colic and no throwing up

Godsend!!

However he did have horrendous green poo and fed more constantly as it didn't seem to fill him as much but still a massie massive improvement ! Slowly weaned him back onto normal formula after a while and he was fine on it

Psycobabble Tue 02-Dec-14 23:27:51

Ds not dd!

butterfly86 Thu 04-Dec-14 09:12:25

It's worked brilliantly for dd she's 23 weeks now and has been on it since she was a few weeks old she was like a different baby overnight much more comfortable and settled. It does make the poos green and really stinky though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now