Talk

Advanced search

BFing newborn after toddler

(5 Posts)
plummyjam Thu 27-Nov-14 19:04:32

Just a query really. Am 10 weeks pregnant and still occasionally BFing my 21mo DD - every few days or so. Probably going to stop quite soon. Does your milk still come in on day 3 of you've only relatively recently stopped BFing? I remember my boobs exploding (D5 after C-section) but wasn't sure if the same would happen this time if I'm still making milk IYSWIM?

Booboostoo Thu 27-Nov-14 19:55:25

Your milk dries out in the third trimester as you prepare for colostrum. My DD was bf three times a day when my milk dried out at 28wks. When DS was born I had colostrum as normal and milk on day 3.

JuniperTisane Thu 27-Nov-14 19:57:52

Mine didn't. DS1 was still feeding happily twice a day right up to birth, the milk only changed properly to colostrum when Ds2 was born. And yes. I did get exploding boobs once again.

TheBookofRuth Thu 27-Nov-14 20:03:02

I had the same experience as Juniper, pretty much. My toddler was invaluable in syphoning off the extra milk smile

JuniperTisane Thu 27-Nov-14 20:12:45

O yes. Fluttery little butterfly, mouth barely big enough to cover your nipple vs bloody great industrial boob hoover smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now