Talk

Advanced search

Any breastfeeding mums with suffering skin?..

(11 Posts)
littleraysofsunshine Wed 26-Nov-14 21:30:57

shock

Allstoppedup Wed 26-Nov-14 21:35:58

I've had itchy red rash the whole time I've been feeding DS. Never had sensitive skin before but had PEP rash when pregnant.

sad

LimesMum Wed 26-Nov-14 23:13:50

The skin on my arms has been horrendous, all lumpy bumpy, ever since starting breastfeeding

NotTodaySatan Wed 26-Nov-14 23:15:15

I have recurring spots on my chin and jawline angry . They just won't go away.

On the upside the fat is dropping off me <<clutches straw>>

SellMySoulForSomeSleep Thu 27-Nov-14 00:01:41

Very dry skin here. my HV said to keep taking the pregnancy vitamins. My hair is falling out in clumps as well. I am looking rough! sad

callamia Thu 27-Nov-14 00:02:32

same as NotToday. DS is 13 mo, and I'm still lighter than ever before. My skin is bloody awful though. Weather, colds, being drained by a hungry toddler, not enough sleep - all contributing factors.

cogitosum Thu 27-Nov-14 00:04:04

WHY AM I NOT LOSING WEIGHT???

ahem anyway yes have slightly peppered chin.

squizita Thu 27-Nov-14 11:59:27

I have hives. Apparently BFIng can make skin very sensitive.

callamia Thu 27-Nov-14 21:57:06

I've been out today and bought some decent mineral make-up. If I can't make my skin better, I might as well make a good job of covering it. I figure it's hormone-based, so there's not a great deal that I can do is there?

Cogito, do you want to borrow my DS? - I think he has sucked the actual soul out of me.

Heatherbell1978 Sat 29-Nov-14 10:55:01

Yeah I've got really bumpy skin on my elbows and quite a few wee pimples on my face. As I'm quite pale and haven't slept for ooh 14 weeks now....I stay looking human by using tanning moisturisers. They're subtle enough that I don't look like an orange but give me a bit of colour and hide the bad skin a bit too.

squizita Sat 29-Nov-14 12:27:30

Ugh I look like mosquito bait but it's all hormonal. Soon itchy. Thank goodness it's winter and I can cover it up.
I know it's not insects because I hardly go out and baby/dh are smooth and fresh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now