Talk

Advanced search

HELP when can I feed again - alcohol

(7 Posts)
Hmmmwhatnow Sat 22-Nov-14 00:52:57

Quick one! Boobs are very tight.

I had about 5 small glasses of white wine (with fish and chips classy! ) from 7.45-10pm then moved onto water.

Dd3 has decided to reject DH giving her a bottle. He managed to get her to sleep without so her last bfeed was at 7.15pm. She's 5 months.

Do I feed her when she wakes if she still won't take bottle? ? How long until alcohol is clear? Wish I hadn't gone out now.

Hazchem Sat 22-Nov-14 01:11:35

Does this help from ABA
I'd probably feed her if it was me. the levels would be pretty low by now

DarylDixonsDarlin Sat 22-Nov-14 01:39:09

kellymom.com/bf/can-i-breastfeed/lifestyle/alcohol/

squizita Sun 23-Nov-14 13:26:27

Several bf support people advised me that if you don't feel drunk you're ok to feed. And that you'd feel uneasy carrying the baby before you would transfer booze to baby.

squizita Sun 23-Nov-14 13:31:04

...I was also told on here (but cannot cite this as can't find the thread) that it's no longer held that % of alcohol in milk is equal to % in blood: % in milk is always lower. Basically the nhs and nct said no need to pump and dump - and feed as soon as you feel ok.

squizita Sun 23-Nov-14 13:37:40

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/breast_and_bottle_feeding/a873232-Can-you-boil-the-alcohol-out-of-breastmilk ...Tiktok gives the info on this old thread. Basically the percentage in your milk is tiny and you'd have to be blotto to hurt the baby.

She says with relief as she does enjoy a small ale or cider with her dinner...

squizita Sun 23-Nov-14 13:48:34

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/parenting/a1769335-Breastfeeding-and-drinking another reassuring thread!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now