Talk

Advanced search

How many times a day did/does your 11mo breastfeed?

(5 Posts)
PterodactylTeaParty Tue 18-Nov-14 17:35:22

DD is just 8mo and feeds about 5-6 times during the day if I'm around. If I'm at work, I have to pump after about 3 hours.

Just found out I have an invite to a day-long assessment centre for a job I want, but it's not until February. Assuming that asking them for a break/private room to pump during the day won't be a problem itself, can I assume that I'll only need to pump, say, once at lunchtime by that point? I'd rather ask them well in advance, but I don't want to be leaking all down my shirt on the day if I haven't requested enough breaks!

Levismum Tue 18-Nov-14 22:34:13

Dd is almost 10 months. I've reduced her feeds from 4/5 per day to 2 in the space of about 2 weeks.

I just felt slightly encouraged but it was like my breasts knew what to do & adjusted.

Do you express to store milk or to relieve discomfort? If it's due to discomfort, I would reduce with the aim of stopping.

Good luck. You've plenty of time!

katemeister Wed 19-Nov-14 05:37:59

My DD was feeding about that much at 8 months, by 11 months 3 times a day (first thing, mid afternoon) last thing, and I could easily skip the afternoon one for the odd work day and not have to pump. It's probably reassuring to ask for somewhere but you may not even need it.

Quodlibet Wed 19-Nov-14 20:16:21

My DD is 11m and I work two days a week, and the days (like today) that I work, I usually pump and feed before leaving and then she doesn't feed again til bedtime. When I am home she will usually also have a couple of feeds during the day. Your boobs do adjust very quickly.

Artandco Wed 19-Nov-14 20:18:45

Just x2 a day by then. Morning and eve.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now