Advanced search

Help me diagnose the problem - please!

(12 Posts)
Bumpandbaby2014 Sun 16-Nov-14 10:54:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bumpandbaby2014 Sun 16-Nov-14 10:56:17

McBaby Sun 16-Nov-14 11:18:16

Sounds like my dd she had bad nappy rash from birth till weaning often with weeping sores. Plus the constant pooing makes it so much worse. When we started weaning her pooing has slowed down and it has cleared up.

We used a a layer of canesten Hc cream, them Metanium then vasaline twice a day and seudocream at all other nappy changes. This kept it away but if you got lax it came back again.

I have too much milk so from taking to people her digestive system may have been struggling to cope and the poo was very acidic and burnt her skin!

Levismum Sun 16-Nov-14 12:44:07

Really feel for you. I don't think anyone is going to come on & even suggest a diagnosis.

The immediate issue is the awful nappy rash. I would do as the previous poster suggested but at every nappy change. Also you could try water wipes instead of normal wipes & nappys for sensitive skin.

I really hope you find an answer soon. Take care. X

Bumpandbaby2014 Sun 16-Nov-14 13:20:13

Monikita Sun 16-Nov-14 13:56:38

We had this with DD1 and the paed diagnosed dairy intolerance (she was mixed fed at the time and the culprit was the formula). I too was advised to cut out all dairy from my diet but also soya as the proteins are extremely similar. Have you tried cutting that out as well? Really is a pain as it's even in bread but it might help.

I know exactly how worrying it is, although hold on to her excellent weight gain as comfort!

We managed to go ebf and it cleared up - I reintroduced dairy into my diet and she was still fine.

Hope you get to the cause of this.

stargirl1701 Sun 16-Nov-14 14:01:23

Oversupply?

Big weight gain, nappy rash from lactose/lactase imbalance in the breastmilk, lots of wet and dirty nappies...

www.llli.org/faq/oversupply.html

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 16-Nov-14 14:03:09

Are you using soya substitutes?

40% of those allergic/intolerant to dairy are also intolerant to soya.

Bumpandbaby2014 Sun 16-Nov-14 16:51:41

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 16-Nov-14 16:55:04

I would keep a food diary. Note down what you eat and how bad she was. Just in case it does become multiple exclusions yku may be able to work out the most likely culprits

stargirl1701 Sun 16-Nov-14 17:01:21

I saw no difference until my block feeding went beyond 6 hours per side.

Bumpandbaby2014 Sun 16-Nov-14 17:31:45

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now