Talk

Advanced search

How long can you not Bf for before your milk drys up?

(8 Posts)
PatButchersLostEaring Sat 15-Nov-14 08:48:14

I'm still breastfeeding my 17 month Ds and using cows milk too. I was at work all day so didn't bf and then last night I had a few drinks so haven't BF'd him in the night or plan too today. If I leave the next bf for the night wake up will it have dried up? I don't feel at all engorged this morning, just a bit hungover!

leedy Sat 15-Nov-14 11:07:14

Are you only not BFing him at all today because you had a few drinks last night? That's pretty unnecessary, even if you were very very VERY drunk. Or is it just because you'll be at work?

At 17 months it will take a looooooooong time for your supply to go completely, I've heard of people getting drops out weeks after their last feed.

Mouldypineapple Sat 15-Nov-14 11:09:43

A few friends and I tested this theory one night (slightly drunkenly, 2 of them in the street!!) At least 2 could still produce some milk after having given up a few months before. So don't worry about a few hours!

FrauHelgaMissMarpleandaChuckle Sat 15-Nov-14 11:10:55

20 years.

Yes. I just squeezed. blush Only a drop, but definitely milk.

He's 22.

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Sat 15-Nov-14 22:05:54

Gosh, a lot longer than a day or two at this age.

Why aren't you feeding today though? confused

museumum Sat 15-Nov-14 22:29:03

I stopped a month ago and some drops of milk came out when I dried myself after my shower today.

Gunpowder Sat 15-Nov-14 22:33:41

Frau that's amazing!

FrauHelgaMissMarpleandaChuckle Sat 15-Nov-14 22:35:41

It was sore - achy sore not stabby sore and only a drop but definitely there.

blush the things I admit on here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now