Talk

Advanced search

4 month old not feeding at night

(4 Posts)
RedRose27 Sat 15-Nov-14 08:01:37

DD is 19 weeks old, EBF. Since about 10 weeks she has pretty reliably fed every 4 hours approx, so I feed her around 7, 11, 3 and 6:30. She never cries for food, and if I fed her on demand I suspect she would feed even less frequently. Her weight gain has always been good, tracking on 91st centile perfectly, her weight is over 17 pounds and is more than double her birth weight.

We are in the middle of the sleep regression, but the last 2 nights she has slept through without wanting food. I know if she was hungry she would let me know, but this means she has been down to only 4 feeds in 24 hours. Is this enough? Should I try to get her to have another feed in the day?

RedRose27 Sat 15-Nov-14 08:03:19

Should have said, prior to the regression she was feeding once is the night, anywhere between midnight and 3am. During the regression it went up to twice a night but we thought that was more for comfort than hunger as sometimes a feed was the only thing that would settle her.

Dinosaursdontgrowontrees Sat 15-Nov-14 08:08:00

My dd didn't feed in the night after 16weeks. As long as your dd is putting on weight and having plenty if wet and dirty nappies I wouldn't worry.. Enjoy!

RedRose27 Sat 15-Nov-14 08:16:43

Thanks Dinosaur. Not being smug enough to think the sleeping through will last, but just in case... smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now