Talk

Advanced search

Feel like giving up and i feel guilty

(2 Posts)
SmileAndNod Fri 14-Nov-14 17:01:17

I'm just so irritated by feeding at the minute. I'm so tired. I've been ill (sent to hospital last week) and I don't feel myself, I feel like I am falling apart. DD is faffing around at feeds and constantly fiddling with me (pinching, grabbing other boob) while she does. She's teething and waking (still) every couple of hours.

I just feel done and like I can't continue. But I wanted her to self wean, as her siblings did. I've been feeding for just over 7 years (with a couple of months break between children) and I'm exhausted. Trouble is I'm also feeling incredibly guilty that I'm even thinking this way. She's 16mo btw but I feel torn. And broken.

Jessbags001 Fri 14-Nov-14 19:18:47

I'd say by 16months you can go whichever way you want without any need to feel guilty. She's had a good long stint of breastfeeding, which you can feel great about.

If you feel ready to stop, do it. Plus, you're own wellbeing and sanity will also have a positive effect on her, if it's a 'not doing the best by her' sort of thing that you're feeling bad about. But if you think you'll regret it a few weeks down the line when you're felling more yourself, then maybe hold out and reassess at the start of Dec.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now