Talk

Advanced search

is this a growth spurt? Very frequent feeding

(7 Posts)
ThinkIveBeenHacked Fri 14-Nov-14 07:35:59

DS is 3 weeks old and in the last 24 hours has bottle fed every two hours, apart from one chunk (9pm-1am) when he went four hours. He is going straight back to sleep after feeds (night ones) and is currently fast asleep after a short morning feed.

He has had a couple of real "awake periods" yesterday which was nice as he has mainly been sleeping, but the 2hourly feeds have taken me by surprise, especially when each feed takes a good 20mins or so, then bum changed (apart from late at night), winding, resettling. It feels relentless!

ThinkIveBeenHacked Fri 14-Nov-14 08:24:33

Bump

Redling Fri 14-Nov-14 12:31:41

There is a 3 week growth spurt, but my DS fed every two hours for about 7 weeks anyway! He had to due to large birthweight drop but then obviously likes it as you could set your watch by him.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Fri 14-Nov-14 12:38:52

He is going three hourly today grin and sleeping lots! Bloody babies are connundrums!

mrsmugoo Fri 14-Nov-14 21:34:58

I'm not sure I even believe in "growth spurts" Babies just feed when they're hungry. And mine fed 2 hourly until 7 months!

squizita Sat 15-Nov-14 16:51:16

Yeah sounds like it if more than usual.

Like PP mine is 2-3 hr normally and was even more at 3 weeks! I was like a milch cow!

ThinkIveBeenHacked Mon 17-Nov-14 09:26:29

Seems to have eased off now - 3 hourly and only 2/2.5oz per feed.babies!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now