Talk

Advanced search

Breasts like watermelons :(

(5 Posts)
flipflopsonfifthavenue Wed 12-Nov-14 09:48:27

Day 5 with DS2 and milk's in!

Breasts like hot, heavy, full, udders and feel like I have watermelons attached to me. Can't stand anything against them and nipples sore and bit battered to boot.

Was H cup before I had DS2 god knows what I am now!!! No nursing bras yet and none of my bras fit.

Am sore and tender and feel like a freak sad(

How long til it all calms down??!!

tiktok Wed 12-Nov-14 10:02:48

Sounds like you have the normal early engorgement but at the end of the scale, flip sad sad

Is the midwife scheduled to visit? Show her your problem and she will have loads of simple suggestions for relieving it while it lasts. Check out the sore nipples as well - that's a different thing, really.

Most women find this stage starts to get better after a day or so; the baby's appetite perks up to match the increase in volume and things start to become more comfortable.

Hope that happens to you. Any of the bf helplines can talk about this too.

Keep your breasts well-supported and if you can't wear a bra try a baggy tee shirt twisted up and up in the middle as if you were making a tied-up crop top with it (hard to explain - hope you get me!). Fasten it to fit with safety pins.

PoppyWearer Wed 12-Nov-14 10:05:14

It will calm down soon, honestly.

My best tip is to buy a Savoy Cabbage (has to be Savoy!), pop it in the fridge, and then rip off a cold leaf and put one on each breast. This really helps. Honestly. The cabbage smell is worth it!

tiktok Wed 12-Nov-14 10:36:12

Indeed - the cabbage thing is effective smile There are loads of other tips and hints, too - midwife will know the lot, or should do smile

flipflopsonfifthavenue Wed 12-Nov-14 10:43:45

Thanks. I like the rolled up t shirt suggestion.
Midwife apt this afternoon and thres a bfing group at midday am going to aim for.
I def didn't this big with DS1! DS2 feeding bit more so far today so hopefully he'll also help solve what he's created ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now