Talk

Advanced search

Bum wind, arching and sick

(10 Posts)
flymo79 Tue 11-Nov-14 01:27:33

Hello, can anyone suggest anything for bad bum wind in the night? Dd is mix fed and for the past five weeks or so has been waking up kicking her legs up and grunting all through the night from about midnight. In the day she has also become more sicky, always doing at least one sick after a feed which she didn't used to do, and arches her back a lot more. Winding her in the day as much as possible but even with 20+ mins sometimes nothing comes. Have tried infacol but seemed to make her constipated and worse. Gripe water not seeming to work... Mostly need suggestions for night discomfort as it's wearing me out putting her on her side and patting bum all night.... hmm

McBaby Tue 11-Nov-14 03:09:00

How old is your baby? Dd2 did this from birth to 13 weeks when it just stopped one night.

thatwhichwecallarose Tue 11-Nov-14 03:22:24

I hope someone replies with a magic solution OP - that's why I'm up too. Dd is impossible to wind properly, we have lots of sick and very loose poos during the day and very disturbed sleep at night (hence posting now). I've had it suggested that she may be slightly intolerant to the milk so might try switching brand or speaking to GP about soya milk.

ChineseFireball Tue 11-Nov-14 03:27:25

Could it be reflux? DS used to arch when feeding and was noticeably uncomfortable when lying down. Try raising the head of the bed a bit and ask GP for baby gaviscon. Keep baby upright after a feed. It's so tough to start with isn't it? Hope you manage to get it sorted.

Bumpandbaby2014 Tue 11-Nov-14 05:14:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lentilpot Tue 11-Nov-14 05:36:14

My BF baby did this, what helped him was religiously burping for at least five minutes after every feed (I set a timer!) (the health visitor recommended doing five minutes in one position, rather than switching around) and doing tummy massage every nappy change during the day - the moves were called water wheel, sun and moon and I love you, plus a bit of leg bicycling. It made a noticeable difference, although I was super skeptical. I appreciate this may not help you as you are already burping for 20 mins, but thought I'd add in case in helped someone else!

flymo79 Tue 11-Nov-14 05:40:01

Thanks all, sorry others are finding the same hmm
Dd is 14 weeks this week. I have the head of her cot raised but hasn't made much if any discernible difference. I also put a rolled up towel under the knees part of her mattress like a coccoonababy to try to encourage out farts but to no avail... I did wonder if it's the brand of formula (using hipp organic) but currently have two boxes to finish! Not sure about lactose intollerance... Thought that was v. v. v. super-rare in babies...???

flymo79 Tue 11-Nov-14 05:41:33

Sorry, I see you've said cow's milk intollerance not lactose...

Phoenixfrights Tue 11-Nov-14 21:30:53

How's the weight gain since she started being mixed-fed?

Sometimes babies can consume more from the bottle than they really need and this can make them vomit and/ or be uncomfortable, just like we feel after stuffing down a massive meal grin

Cow's milk protein intolerance is far more common in infants than lactose intolerance.

Stubbed Tue 11-Nov-14 21:40:00

Sounds like reflux, have you taken her to your gp? Ours gave dd some medication which really helped

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now