Talk

Advanced search

Quick answer please!!!!

(4 Posts)
fionnthedog Mon 10-Nov-14 21:28:37

I've had flu for a week now which I just can't seem to shift (probably because I'm also trying to look after a 6.5 month old)

I really need to get some good sleep tonight and pre pregnacy found Night Nurse to be very effective. Problem is I'm still breastfeeding so I know I shouldn't. What I'm wondering though is that after I feed ds at 10pm (in half an hour) he reliably sleeps through til 7pm - if I take after the feed will it be out of my system in 9 hours?

I'm going slowly mad here :-(

RedRose27 Mon 10-Nov-14 22:23:43

Didn't want to read and run. Don't know but is there a late night/all night chemist nearby you could call and speak to a pharmacist for advice?

flymo79 Tue 11-Nov-14 01:31:25

Try the drugs in breastfeeding helpline at http://www.breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk/detailed-information/drugs-in-breastmilk/

fionnthedog Tue 11-Nov-14 20:03:47

Thanks both. In the end I chose not to in order to be on the safe side. Everyone I asked said that Night Nurse is pretty hardcore and has a fairly large dose of alcohol in it as well.

Luckily I managed to get some sleep last night and feel I'm finally on my way back to being better...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now