Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When (if?) to change teat sizes?

(4 Posts)
ElphabaTheGreen Sat 08-Nov-14 22:06:31

DS2 (13 weeks) is EBF and I plan to continue BFing him until he is well over a year old. DS1 was a total bottle/cup refuser which was quite a stress for me when I returned to work FT when he was eight months old, so I introduced a daily bottle of EBM for DS2 from six weeks old, and so far, so good (although I am acutely aware he may still thwart me and refuse them!)

He currently seems perfectly happy on a size one teat. Am I supposed to move him up to a size two at some point/particular age, or should I just keep it on a size one as he will remain primarily breast-fed, and therefore used to working a bit harder for a feed?

Thanks in advance! smile

ElphabaTheGreen Sun 09-Nov-14 09:23:56

Hopeful bump?

ilovepowerhoop Sun 09-Nov-14 09:42:16

I would leave it for the moment if he is happy. I used to move up teat size when it took ages for a bottle feed or when they started falling asleep again while feeding

ElphabaTheGreen Sun 09-Nov-14 20:07:24

Oh, OK thanks. I'll probably leave him on a size one for a while yet, then. He's only just got used to the speed of a bottle compared to a boob, anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now