Talk

Advanced search

Replacing one boob feed with bottle question

(4 Posts)
BelleStar Sat 08-Nov-14 19:51:21

DD is 8 weeks. I'd like to replace the pre bed feed with a bottle (of either formula or ebm, but realistically more likely to be formula) and I was wondering if any of you wise people think I need to pump at the same sort of time initially or can I just skip the boob feed - is my supply likely to be established by now? It's important to me that DD is happy to accept a bottle and I'd like DH to be able to do DD2's bedtime so I can do DD1's and spend some quiet time with her. TIA.

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Sat 08-Nov-14 20:47:29

How is your supply generally? How was it with your older child (if you bf ) and what time is the first post-bed feed generally?

BelleStar Sat 08-Nov-14 21:00:49

I never had any issues with DD1 - supply always fine. I have had issues with DD2 - bad case of mastitis from weeks 3-5 affected supply and feeding. DD2 is only just on the 2nd percentile having started on 25th. But she is now feeding well and seems pretty happy! Pre bed feed is at about 7 and then she'll feed again at some point between 10 and 11. My instinct is to wait a couple of weeks because of the mastitis blip.

squizita Sun 09-Nov-14 02:21:10

My dd is 7 weeks and we offer a bottle but tbh bless her she takes this plus boob now if she's hungry! Time saving fail!grin
But I've had no major issues and dd is steady on her percentile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now