Talk

Advanced search

Slowest flow teats?

(5 Posts)
pigsunited Fri 07-Nov-14 14:17:20

DS is 10 weeks old and on bottles of ebm mostly at the moment. He is sometimes fussy with a bottle (like he is on the breast), often towards the end of a feed. I think it might be because he can't control the flow - it often spills out of the sides of his mouth. (He had a posterior tongue tie which was recently snipped).

We're currently using Tommee Tippee newborn teats. Can anyone recommend anything that is slower flow than that?

Hedgehogging Fri 07-Nov-14 16:44:57

Not sure if this is the case for Tommee Tippee but I think generally even newborn teats come in three "flow" sizes based on the size of the hole in them (S/M/L). So the "newborn" refers to the size of the teat itself, but the standard flow hole in them is medium AFAIK.

You can get newborn with small hole but you might have to hunt around for them. That's what I got for DD for when she's taking EBM (they were Nuk teats but I think it's the same idea with all of them).

Willing to stand corrected on this though!

squizita Fri 07-Nov-14 20:51:00

Lansinoh now do bottles at mothercare. My EBF baby prefers their slow teat to tommy tippee if thar helps? They're designed for EBF babies and look a bit different.

TaytoCrisp Sat 08-Nov-14 01:02:02

The medela calma bottle mimics breastfeeding and baby has to work to release the milk so has more control over the flow. It is designed to allow smooth transition from breast to bottle and back. It has worked well for us though is more expensive than other bottles (the teat is about £12).

Sleepyhoglet Sat 08-Nov-14 21:16:51

Do the medela calma teats fit on tomee tipee bottles?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now