Talk

Advanced search

DD is a bit of a boob monster

(6 Posts)
MrsNutella Thu 06-Nov-14 09:27:13

Hello, DD is almost three months old and loves feeding!!
She sleeps really badly during the day unless she is in the wrap. She doesn't like to be in the bouncer, on the floor, in the pram or anywhere really. She will play on the floor for a few minutes but really not very long at all.

DS is 22 months old so keeping an eye on them both is quite stressful and DD's daytime sleep definitely suffers as a result.

I co sleep with her at nightgrin and she sleeps well at night but wakes every two hours for a feed. I can normally switch her to the right side latch her on and get back to sleep. She is a bit snuffly at the moment. Last night she seemed to be permanently attached.
I've tried several different dummies but she just spits them out confused I really don't know how else to comfort her. It would be lovely if she would sleep longer stretches and occasionally in her own bed, any advice would be appreciated!

MrsNutella Thu 06-Nov-14 09:28:54

DS wasn't a great sleeper; but he would go down in his own bed for a decent 4/5 hour sleep when I put him to bed in the evening.

MrsNutella Thu 06-Nov-14 12:32:29

Any tips at all to help settle a baby that loves to be held alllll the time? Please

PurplePidjin Thu 06-Nov-14 12:43:06

Time, sorry! Don't forget the 3 month growth spurt and the 4 month sleep regression and the 6 month growth spurt <totally not what you wanted to hear>

How'd her head control, maybe sling her on your back sometimes so you can get down with ds more and she's not got the milky smell in her nose all day?

MrsNutella Thu 06-Nov-14 13:33:52

Can we speed up time then please pidj??? confused
Bless her, she is doing gorgeous wee smiles and starting to reach for things, but still spending hours strapped to me.
My back & my nipples are really taking a battering!

PurplePidjin Thu 06-Nov-14 13:56:21

Think back to when ds was that age. How looooooooooooooong it felt. And how it only feels like the blink of an eye now. Can you believe we've been parents for two entire years? shock

You're doing fab!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now