Talk

Advanced search

Let down reflex crisis please help!!

(4 Posts)
mummy2ale Wed 05-Nov-14 07:40:35

My daughter is 9 months old and has been breast fed successfully until last Sat when my boobs suddenly 'broke'!! The let down reflex has just become very slow or non existent. I fed my other two til just over one and feel totally devastated that it seems I can't carry on feeding this time. Doctors never heard of it and have tried friends. Am trying to persevere but am very stressed. Anyone heard of this happening and/ or have advice please?!

FashionWhoreOfBabylon Wed 05-Nov-14 11:36:44

Oh no, that sounds super stressful sad. Can I ask whether you've been at all ill recently? I'm only asking because the only time something similar happened to me, I'd had some sort of vomiting bug and it seemed to affect both supply and letdown. It picked up within a few days, but I had a very frustrated baby in the meantime.

Does your DD take a bottle? Are you managing to get enough milk into her at the moment?

Sunflower1985 Wed 05-Nov-14 12:36:54

www.parenthood360.com/index.php/the-effect-of-stress-on-breast-milk-production-21797/

Could it be stress, in which case deep breathing, meditation or co-bathing could help. I physically can't let down when stressed.

mummy2ale Wed 05-Nov-14 16:02:26

No, not been obviously ill though I think we've all had a virus type thing as all been tired and less hungry than usual. Let down still variable but has happened once today thankfully as am worried that milk will dry up. Am stressed now but wasn't any more stressed than usual when first started. A friend suggested I could just be exhausted after 9 months of looking after 3 kiddies (and a husband!) but am really hoping it's still gonna sort itself out! Will try the bath thing, thanks and also good to hear a similar thing can happen and it can get better. Honestly, what a nightmare!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now