Talk

Advanced search

Best bottle to introduce to a 7 month old

(7 Posts)
riksti Tue 04-Nov-14 18:09:19

I'm looking for suggestions of a brand of bottle that works best for an older baby. She's been EBF up until now but I'll be going back to work soon and DH/nursery will have to get milk into her somehow. DD1 was very resistant to bottles and it took us almost a month until she drank from the Tommee Tippee bottle. So I'm not sure whether that is the best option. If anyone has had to introduce a bottle after 6 months and has had success with a specific brand then I'm open to suggestions.

pookamoo Tue 04-Nov-14 18:11:39

We borrowed different types from friends so we didn't end up with a drawer full of rejected brands.

Unfortunately we ended up with a baby who wouldn't have a bottle ever anyway!

Would she use a sippy cup?

riksti Tue 04-Nov-14 18:16:41

She sort of laps at the water in a doidy cup, I haven't tried closed cups but thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't thought of that.

pookamoo Tue 04-Nov-14 19:30:40

You can't beat the good old tommee tippee!

If she only takes food and water at nursery or with DH she will probably just make up for it when you are home. smile

Imeg Tue 04-Nov-14 19:37:50

Mine was very reluctant to take a bottle (despite having them when tiny) but would take formula from a sippy cup from about 5 months as long as I wasn't holding him - I'd give it to him in the bouncy chair or propped up on the sofa.
The best attempts I had with the bottle were with the fastest possible teats - I poked extra holes in them...

museumum Tue 04-Nov-14 19:41:45

A cup with a free flow spout is better IMO.
My ds refused bottles at 3mo so was ebf to 6mo then went to a tommee tippee spout cup. It took a couple of weeks practice with water being sprinkled all over the living room but after that he was fine with milk in it.
Bottle feeders aim to switch to a cup at 12mo so I wouldn't introduce a bottle at 7mos. I'd persevere with the cup practice.

riksti Tue 04-Nov-14 21:58:34

Thank you all. Going on a tommee tippee hunt tomorrow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now