Talk

Advanced search

Does this sound like a normal feeding pattern for 8 week old bf baby?

(4 Posts)
Jemimapuddleduk Tue 04-Nov-14 14:52:51

Hi- my ds is 8 weeks old and has fallen into a pattern of sleeping 7-11 then waking for a feed at 11, 1.30, 3.30 and 5.30. I guess I am looking for reassurance that this is normal and will get better! I am exhausted! He can go 3 to 4 hours in the day so I know he can space out the feeds. Should I not be letting him sleep 7-11, should I be attempting to cluster feed him? My ebf dd was going 7-1 then 1-7 at this stage.
He has silent reflux and is on ranitidine and gaviscon 3 times a day. The 11ish feed also includes a 2oz bottle with gaviscon mixed in. He doesn't always take all of this after the boob.

Jemimapuddleduk Tue 04-Nov-14 14:53:44

I meant to say - this is his nighttime feeding pattern!

GinGinGin Tue 04-Nov-14 15:14:21

There is a growth spurt around 8 weeks so that might explain some of it.

You could try offering boob more often during the day as that might help him sleep longer at night, but he does have reflux too so maybe not.

Sorry! I know how exhausting the first couple of months are!

nottheOP Tue 04-Nov-14 15:20:42

It sounds knackering but not too unusual.

The only thing to do is encourage more feeding in the daytime and discourage the nighttime activity. I'm sure you're doing this but lights off and little fussing at nighttime, lots of lights and as much stimulation as an 8 week old can take(!) in the daytime and hopefully the clock will shift.

Your DD was a very good sleeper, you lucky duck! I didn't get anything like that til 7 months with DS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now