Talk

Advanced search

Sore breast 7 months in

(3 Posts)
ilovetosleep Tue 04-Nov-14 09:22:43

Hi all

We've had a rocky ride with bf but have at least been pain free since around week 4. DS is teething so I do wonder if it has something to do with it (sloppy latch?) but the pain seems to be on one side only so not sure if that ties in.

The pain is sore and tender patch just below and behind the nipple but not deep tissue. And its not surface soreness either like the early days, its deeper than that.

Its hard to tell if there is a lump/hard patch as when I press it the soreness overrides what I can feel in my fingers IYKWIM, but it doesn't feel quite as soft as the other breast. It doesn't actually hurt much while feeding, apart from when he bites...

Any ideas? TBH I don't think if feels bad enough to be mastitis and it hasn't got any worse since it started on sunday, but it hasn't got any better either.

Thanks in advance

ilovetosleep Tue 04-Nov-14 21:39:22

Any ideas?

McBaby Tue 04-Nov-14 22:00:28

Sounds like me today. Baby is. 6.5 months. I am guessing mine is a blocked duct as it feels a bit better after feeding or hand expressing in the shower. Just hoping it doesn't turn in to mastitis.

No red streaks, temp or lump to be found.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now