Talk

Advanced search

tips for feeding lying down?

(5 Posts)
Greenstone Sun 02-Nov-14 03:25:06

Dd 2 born yesterday and we're in night 2 hell hmm she does not want to feed lying down, have tried and tried. Her older sister fed lying down from first feed and somehow I assumed no.2 would be fine with it also. ..but she just fights and screams and can't latch. Any magic tips? I can't keep sitting up!

Hubb Sun 02-Nov-14 09:22:55

Have you tried starting a bit upright then sliding to lying down position? I dont know if that works with a delicate newborn as I've only done it with my much bigger baby...

Thehedgehogsong Sun 02-Nov-14 09:25:19

I would feed her to sleep sitting up then lay her down with you, so when she next stirs you can hopefully feed her before she properly wakes up and realises?
Congratulations!

Congratulations Greenstone. flowers

Could you try lying DD2 on a firm pillow and feeding from the top breast. Maybe just changing it around a bit might do the trick. Fingers crossed for you.

Cric Sun 02-Nov-14 09:33:21

It me and DD a month or 2 to be able to do this. Maybe when he is a bit stronger he will find it more comfortable?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now