Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Baby dropping milk but too soon??

(4 Posts)
williwonti Thu 30-Oct-14 09:05:55

My 7.5m old DS2 was a big baby and started weaning little bit early but has taken to it very well. He is exc bf but nightmare to feed in the day. He has big bowl porridge in morning, all home made food, snacks on cucumber, basically a good diet. If he doesn't want a feed in he day, is a decent feed in morning and night enough?? Obv I can't know how much he is getting.

Apologies if read my other thread, realised this is main issue.

ilovepowerhoop Thu 30-Oct-14 12:45:05

doesnt sound enough milk for that age. How much does he feed in the night?

williwonti Thu 30-Oct-14 14:27:37

At present I dream feed him at 10.30 and one more about 1.30 but I am trying to stop (at least) the 1.30 but no success as yet.

5madthings Thu 30-Oct-14 14:32:37

It's normal for babies to feed less in the day at this age as they are often intractable etc.

Firstly offer milk before food, about an hour before a meal. A baby this age should have two meals a day roughly. Rather than snacks I would offer a bfeed.

And I can see why you want to stop the night feeds but they are normal ans baby is possibly reverse cycling a bit to make u for lack of milk in day.

If they feed morning and eve can you fit in a time in the day where you can take them somewhere quiet to feed? Maybe at naptime when they are tired or sleepy?

It's a phase though, mine all did it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now