Talk

Advanced search

Carobel or infant gaviscon

(5 Posts)
starlight1 Sun 04-May-14 16:40:01

Hi all

I'm sure this has been discussed already but my lo has been diagnosed with silent reflux and she regularly coughs and chokes when having a bottle and gulps and swallows after a feed she is currently on infant gaviscon and ranatidine but my gp wants me to try carobel has anyone any experience using it I need to make it up with ready made formula

Many thanks

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 04-May-14 20:05:50

No experience of carobel sorry but from what you describe it could be tongue tie. Might be worth getting it ruled out smile

starlight1 Sun 04-May-14 22:01:11

The puzzling thing is she can go without doing it for 3 feeds then without warning coughs and splutters on bottle

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 06-May-14 12:31:00

Did you have a read of the tt article?

Hayley17052014 Sun 12-Nov-17 14:52:20

Im looking for similar answers my LG 4 months old on pepti 1 now also riditine and gaviscon too and the formula is quite runny to what she was on before can I use carobel with gaviscon n riditine too she just keeps spilling it and will only have 2oz at a time do you have same at all we get the gulping coughing and chokes too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now