I got called a 'naturist' the other day...

(6 Posts)
TheBreastmilksOnMe Sun 06-Apr-14 22:00:50

I was eating lunch in a cafe with my dd (3) and breastfeeding my 15week old baby when out of the corner of my eye I saw man, I'm guessing in his late 30's walk out the door. As he left he said 'Naturist'. It took me a second or two to guess it was probably aimed at moi as there was no one else with him. The cafe was quite busy and nobody seemed to react but I wasn't sure as was too busy enjoying my lunch.

This is my 3rd dc and in all my breastfeeding years I've never had a negative look or a comment so I suppose I'm lucky? I've since been thinking about it and stewing on it and think I should have said something to the cafe owners? What do you think?

ImogenJH Sun 06-Apr-14 22:12:07

Probably one of those 'who thinks women's breasts are for recreation, their recreation.

Gotta feel sorry for them.

TheBreastmilksOnMe Sun 06-Apr-14 22:17:59

I concluded with dp later that he was a prize dickhead with a perverted viewpoint on breastfeeding breasts.

drrock Tue 11-Aug-15 10:18:05

Isn't that a compliment ?

TopCivilServant Tue 11-Aug-15 10:19:29

Ha, what an idiot. How is that even an insult?

Greenstone Tue 11-Aug-15 10:52:50

I think it's officially an insult but one that would have me scratching my head!
I live in a country where bf rates are as low as you can get (we look to the UK as a shining example of good practice...) - but have never had any kind of comment at all, it's interesting. Not to my face anyway, and I don't care about any insults behind my back so long as I can't hear them wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now