Talk

Advanced search

Move on to hungry baby or not

(5 Posts)
Mummyanbump Tue 01-Apr-14 17:17:59

Hi am currently using c&g no1 with my dd2 7 week old this week she has been taking a bottle of 6oz 6 times a day and still doesn't seemed to be settled spoke to hv who said if I was to give her 7oz dd2 may put a 1lb a week on which isn't good and said maybe try hungry baby milk she also said it might help dd2 with her reflux as she is having gaviscon and may try and wean her off it anyone used hungry baby and if so how was baby with it thanks

ilovepowerhoop Tue 01-Apr-14 20:33:14

hungry milk has the same calories as first milk but is harder to digest. I wouldnt give it to a 7 week old baby as it is more suited to an older baby. Could you give less milk more often e.g. add in an extra bottle but make all of them a bit smaller?

minipie Tue 01-Apr-14 21:32:25

If she's got reflux then I'd assume that is the reason she's unsettled (ie she is in pain from the reflux) rather than hunger. So hungry baby milk unlikely to help.

You could try comfort milk (which I gather is thicker so can help with reflux) but tbh I don't know a lot about it. Or ask for ranitidine which is more effective than gaviscon at helping with reflux - has to be prescribed though.

Bankholidaybaby Tue 01-Apr-14 22:13:54

My son was much more settled when I switched from C&G to Aptamil when he was about 11 weeks old. He was having a lot of milk before then and absolutely piling weight on. He went up one centile at about seven weeks. He's now part way between his birth centile and the next one up and has been like that for months.

I think Hungry Baby and Follow On milks are marketing ploys. Stage 1 milk provides everything a healthy baby needs until they are ready to switch to cows' milk. I only know this because I had the same problem and the same question as you, and I spent ages researching it.

Mummyanbump Tue 01-Apr-14 23:33:38

Thanks everyone ya maybe changing to comfort and trying that first see how She is. I though hv was a bit pushy about it and wasn't answering my questions . That's why I asked .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now