Talk

Advanced search

mixed feeding what is possible?

(3 Posts)
janmk Mon 31-Mar-14 21:29:24

i am on day 4, milk has come in. bf for first 2.5 days as only pkanned feed colostrum then now mix feeding but prob switching to ff. boobs full and i enjoy bf some of the time but like the sleep and sanity ff gives me plus the time with my 22 mo and having 2 nightmare rescue dogs....i am so torn. i planned to ff from here as i need some indeprndant time but i really feel like i still want to give some breastmilk to my ds. i am not sure what is doable and am still scarred by the bf experience with 22mo dd......my 4 day old ds seems to love the closeness and it is heartbreaking xx

tiktok Mon 31-Mar-14 23:02:00

Hi, jan. You don't have to make a decision tonight or tomorrow or even this week. You can switch to ff any time. If your little ds is loving it then no reason to stop now smile

There are many options open to you inc mixed feeding or expressing. Maybe go with the flow for now and talk it over with a midwife or breastfeeding counsellor or mums net?

janmk Tue 01-Apr-14 09:42:01

thanks. going talk it throughwith mw today as i keep changing my mind wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now