Talk

Advanced search

Smelly wind question

(5 Posts)
Ericadm Mon 31-Mar-14 09:49:19

My 9 weeks old is EBF. Since 5-weeks old has stopped pooing frequently and only does it once or twice a week. Poos are soft and he does not look distressed. However he has lots of gas and it smells awful. Is this normal or something I should worry about? My first child was bottlefed and did not have this problem. He is growing well and he seems quite happy otherwise.

Deenamumof1 Mon 31-Mar-14 15:46:01

Hi I know how worrying it can be, my now 23 month old, had the same I bottle fed him, and he only used to poo every 4-5 days he never seemed in distress about it. I took him to the doctor/health visitor and they said it wasnt somehing to worry about, but his gas never smelled. Now hes nearly 2 its trying to stop him pooing every 5 minutes now lol.
take little one to docs if worried though xx

PercyDarling Mon 31-Mar-14 15:48:36

That was totally normal for us.
It really stinks doesn't it?!

If you're worried though, a call to the HV office will put your mind at rest, they'll ask all the right questions.

NickyEds Tue 01-Apr-14 12:20:59

My DS is exactly the same! At around 8 weeks his poos became less frequent and his farts far more smelly-they are still absolutely rank!!!

NickyEds Tue 01-Apr-14 12:21:10

My DS is exactly the same! At around 8 weeks his poos became less frequent and his farts far more smelly-they are still absolutely rank!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now