Talk

Advanced search

Cows milk or formula after breast feeding

(5 Posts)
MrsCaptainJackSparrow Fri 28-Mar-14 09:30:12

Hi, my ds has just turned one. I still breastfeed at bedtime, during the night if he wakes and sometimes first thing in the morning.

I'm thinking about trying to give up the breast feeding now for various reasons but wondered if it's ok for ds just to move to cows milk or to go to formula?

MinesAPintOfTea Fri 28-Mar-14 09:34:12

Yes, straight to cows milk is fine. And in a cup too.

leedy Fri 28-Mar-14 11:32:00

Yup, straight cow's milk is fine. Special toddler formula is a marketing scam, as far as I can see.

Misslaughalot Fri 28-Mar-14 13:02:58

We went straight to cows milk, but DD had a couple of weeks of horrendously disrupted sleep when we did. It took us a few days to make the link but we think she found it hard to digest, she was writhing around as if in pain and we'd have 4-5 hours of awake screaming. After trying a few options we've ended up giving her calcium enriched Oatly instead which seems to suit her really well. She's back to sleeping through most nights.

All to say that formula is unnecessary IMHO.

lanbro Fri 28-Mar-14 13:06:18

Cow's milk for us, the main reason I bf for a year was to avoid formula and go straight to cow's milk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now