Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any breastfeeding counsellors in Leeds?

(8 Posts)
shirleycat1 Thu 27-Mar-14 17:28:54

Does anyone have the number of a breastfeeding counsellor, in Leeds. Preferable North Leeds but I can travel. NCT or something else? Not someone I need to pay.

If you don't think they would want their number publicly advertised please PM me.

Thanks in advance...

FrankelandFilly Thu 27-Mar-14 18:34:45

This link might help you: www.nctleeds.org/resources/BreastfeedingGroups.doc

FrankelandFilly Thu 27-Mar-14 18:35:27

Double check that it's up to date though.

isisisis Thu 27-Mar-14 18:38:07

Just putting baby to bed - have got a list of numbers on a card. If you PM me your email address I'll take a photo & send it to you (there's about 8& I can't be bothered to type them all out).

GwladysFrightandthePups Thu 27-Mar-14 18:40:28

The one at Meanwood health centre sorted my son out. I can't remember her name but if you give them a ring they should be able to help you.

Ericadm Thu 27-Mar-14 19:18:30

Try la leche league. I don't know about the Leeds group but the harrogate group is wonderful, gave me lots of support with my LB. They have 6 drop-in clinic a week, free of charge. Check out their web page, if you don't find anyone in Leeds I am sure they'll be happy to help.

StinkerBoo Thu 27-Mar-14 21:55:30

There's best feeding cafes going on daily across the city. The one on Tuesdays in Horsforth (2pm, the children's centre) is really good. I haven't had any problems feeding, but attended this group socially and we often saw women who'd been running the 'circuit' to get daily help with latch etc.

Hope you get sorted, it's tough in the early days even with a greedy baby that's eager to feed!

gubbinsy Fri 28-Mar-14 04:21:41

There's a La Leche League Leeds Facebook group you can join - there are people there who you can speak to on the phone who can help. I had an NCT person come out to me as well (north leeds). There's breastfeeding cafés at Chapeltown Children's Centre on thurs at 10 and at Roundhay Childrend centre on thurs at 1 or 1.30 I think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now