Talk

Advanced search

wish I had never breastfed

(6 Posts)
mummyof2boys257 Fri 21-Mar-14 00:31:40

I am so fed up I dont want to breastfeed anymore but baby has other ideas
Ive need trying to stop since November
He will take a bottle but only off me
Feel like I may as well sew him to me hes always clawing at me ive just had enough!
I'm going back to work in 2 weeks how can I when he just wont get off me?
I want to go out for a few hours without worrying
Just ahhh I realise my reasoning is selfish but I just feel like I'm stuck
Just wish I could take a break

Wurstwitch Fri 21-Mar-14 00:45:27

If he will take a bottle, hand him over and go away for the weekend.

How old is he?

Ds did this to me for ten months, so I feel your pain. He wouldn't drink out of anything except boob though (plastic aversion from rsv and double pneumonia at 11 weeks). Ultimately, you just get on with it. If he takes a bottle, you're laughing. Just go.

To say you regret bf because your ds is attached to you is so bizarre it's almost funny.

He takes a bottle. Book a weekend away. Without him.

Wurstwitch Fri 21-Mar-14 00:46:29

Incidentally, I just stopped. Total cold turkey as it was the only way. He's plenty old enough (he's at least 5 months) and as he will take a bottle, you have no need to carry on at all.

Just stop if you don't want to do it.

mummyof2boys257 Fri 21-Mar-14 00:48:55

Its not that I regret breastfeeding it's just im having a bad night just want to hand him over and he wont let me sad
He will take a bottle during the day - but only off me and night time not a chance, and he wakes so much!

mummyof2boys257 Fri 21-Mar-14 00:49:41

Hes 7 months

leedy Fri 21-Mar-14 11:29:41

Maybe don't do anything as drastic as stopping cold turkey and going away for an entire weekend (I appreciate it could work for some, but it could be a recipe for extreme stress on both sides and mastitis for others), but could you go out for an evening leaving some milk with your partner/grandma/trusted grownup and just see what happens. He's presumably on solids, so he won't starve - they could offer a yoghurt or other snack if he won't take the bottle.

He's also old enough to try a cup, which DS2 liked much more than a bottle. Also both of mine really ramped up their solids intake and dropped their milk intake around 8 months or so, making it way easier to go out for the evening/do stuff baby-free during the day. You've kind of already gone through the most demanding bit, I found BF once solids were well established a totally different beast.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now