Talk

Advanced search

Are you re-using your old bottles and bottle nipples?

(5 Posts)
twinsmonplusone Thu 20-Mar-14 13:58:37

Hi ladies,

My twins are 5 years old now and I kept all their bottles and bottle nipples, which is really a lot of them, as you can imagine. I know that during this period, avent changed the material to BPA. Mine are of course, still the old ones.

I did buy some new bottles this time around (I'm 29 weeks pregnant with one baby this time), but I'm in doubt about the nipples. Do I throw them all away and buy new ones? We can afford to do that, but I just don't know if that's really necessary, given that I took really good care of them?

I will attempt to breast feed this baby too, but last time around I wasn't very successful so I want to be ready in case this doesn't work again.

Thanks!

stargirl1701 Thu 20-Mar-14 15:44:17

No. We have recycled all of DD's bottles and teats.

Cannotbelieveit Thu 20-Mar-14 15:49:13

Both silicone and latex teats need to be replaced every few months so I would get rid of them

SweetPeaPods Thu 20-Mar-14 15:52:48

I'm sure they recommending replacing the teats every 2months so I would buy new ones. Did the new bottles not come with any?

twinsmonplusone Thu 20-Mar-14 21:59:08

Ok, thank you all.

Yes, the new bottles came with two new teats I believe - I bought that starter pack from avent.

Will then throw all the old ones away and buy a few more sizes 1 and 2 for now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now