Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How often are your 1yr olds BFing?

(17 Posts)
icanmakeyouicecream Thu 20-Mar-14 10:32:53

My daughter is 1 next week. She breastfeeds once a day just before bedtime. If she wakes up in the night which is rare now, she will feed then. How often are your 1yr olds feeding? Thanks

weebairn Thu 20-Mar-14 14:02:23

Mine is 18 months now and just feeds first thing in the morning.

At 1 she would have a morning feed, a bedtime feed and one night feed. I know lots of babies who had several night feeds at that age though.

scrivette Fri 21-Mar-14 07:21:02

When DS was one he fed in the morning, evening and twice at night and had a bottle of EBM during the day.

leedy Fri 21-Mar-14 11:24:22

Morning, when I get in from work, evening and maybe once at night. Has a small bottle of EBM in nursery.

MoominsYonisAreScary Fri 21-Mar-14 11:26:41

13 months and i dont know, ive been thinking of doing a diary and then looking at ways to cut it down

JuniperTisane Fri 21-Mar-14 11:27:42

14 months old DS2 is feeding twice a day early morning and before bed. He never wakes at night.

11 months old and feeds in the morning twice (she wakes at 5, has a feed then sleeps till 7.30, feeds again). She also has an afternoon feed, evening/bedtime and late night one. So 5/6 a day still. DD is starting to eat a lot more now and show much more interest in food, so I guess the feeding will start to reduce sad

DarylDixonsDarlin Fri 21-Mar-14 13:01:05

Wow. I thought my 18mo DD was feeding more often than average, this has confirmed it sad She will feed at least 2-3 times between 10pm and 7am, and about 5-7 times during the day (including the bedtime feed)

She eats really well too, its not like she's forgoing food for milk, she's a great little eater, 3 meals and a couple of snacks too. Drinks water as well.

I have noticed in the last couple of weeks her feeds are shorter, but not any less frequent grr. I haven't been feeling as full lately despite eating loads, so maybe things are winding down a bit now. I'm just kind of not offering, not refusing if that makes sense...

CityDweller Fri 21-Mar-14 14:05:30

4 times in 24 hrs. First thing, mid-morning, mid-afternoon, bedtime. She has two small cups of ebm for the daytime feeds when she's with childminder

chickabilla Fri 21-Mar-14 14:13:38

12 month old feeds 5 ish am, 8 am, 2 pm, 6.30 pm then sometimes once more overnight. The HV has just told me to reinstate the 10 am feed to try and get rid of the night one.

Jackanory1978 Fri 21-Mar-14 19:42:22

11 1/2 months & he feeds first thing in the morning & last thing at night. It was his choice to drop all the other feeds, & I think the evening feed will go soon aswell because he's really not that interested. He absolutely loves food & eats enormous portions, devouring everything in sight! So I think breast milk just doesn't satisfy his hunger like solids does, which is why he dropped the other feeds.

spekulatius Sat 22-Mar-14 06:44:40

16 months old DD drinks 10+, any chance she can get really. Eats well too.

mamapants Sat 22-Mar-14 07:14:06

Don't worry daryl my DS was still feeding regularly at 1year. He wouls feed every 3hrs during day and have 2 or 3 at night. At 13mths we tackled the night time feeds. He is now 20mths and most days only has a morning feed. But I know others the same age who have feeds through the day everyday still.

OohOod Sat 22-Mar-14 07:16:56

Daryl don't worry , my dd3 was still feeding every opportunity at that age and ds has just increased his ( either my return to work or a growth/brain spurt or both!).
Currently feeding pretty much all night this week and couple if times during the day.

WelliesandPyjamas Sat 22-Mar-14 07:22:58

DD is almost 18 months. She feeds at bedtime; between 1 and 3 times at night, depending on the kind of night she is having; and if she beats the morning alarm, she'll try for a morning feed too. She would be delighted with feeding any time she's tired during the day but I now tell her (as part of my winding-down plan) that it's for bedtime only...which results in very funny and cute campaigning on her behalf to get us up to bed straight after her brothers grin

HaymitchAbarnathy Sat 22-Mar-14 07:25:57

My DS is 22 months and just feeds on demand still, however often he wants. I am out of the house 3 days a week though and those days he has less of course.

Jeggie Sat 22-Mar-14 07:27:59

My lo is 2 and she feeds in the morning when we get up, when I get home from work, before bed and sometimes in the night. And if I'm there during the day and she is not really busy doing toddler stuff, she will feed frequently during the day. No pattern to that though. If I'm out in the evening then she skips those feeds... At 1 she fed more often than this, particularly at night as I had gone back to work pt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now